Monday 24 August 2015

Planning a trip to New York

Hello everyone! How are you all today? It isn't long until we head off to New York now (exciting!). I'm not sure if it is just because I am off at the moment and have slightly too much time on my hands...but I feel like I need to be super organised for our trip away. I want to make the most of our time in New York and see as many of the amazing sights as possible. I thought I would make a little list of what I am doing to get organised and how you can too:


Baggage cart with suitcases at the aiport : Stock Photo


WRITE DOWN IMPORTANT INFORMATION
I definitely depend too much on technology nowadays and often think 'oh I can just check on my phone/laptop' if I need information. However, I think it is quite handy to have important information written down. This could be flight numbers, hotel address, contact numbers etc. Simply scribble them down on a piece of paper before you go and zip it in a safe place in your bag!

FAMILIARISE YOURSELF WITH WHAT YOU CAN SEE
When we booked New York I knew there would be plenty to see, but I wasn't sure exactly what aside from the key famous landmarks. I started to look into it, browsing other blogger's posts (thank you!) and jotting some down. This was when I came across the CityPass. This is a ticket for New York which gives you access to the top attractions in the city for a discounted price, including the Empire State Building and Ground Zero. It also allows you to skip queues so I am glad I came across this and will be sure to let you know how I get on with it.

CHECK WHAT YOUR HOTEL PROVIDES
I am really guilty of over-packing and/or packing for every possible scenario but checking what your hotel will provide you with can help here. Items like hairdryers, toiletries and bathrobes are frequently available in your room anyway so check this out beforehand. 

DOCUMENTS
I like to make sure that, a few days before I go away, I put all the documents I need together in a little plastic wallet. Passport. Flight information/Online check in documents. EHIC. Travel insurance details. Don't forget your travel money either. I like to have all of these to hand in my handbag. 


Doing all of these has made me feel a lot more relaxed so hopefully if you're heading away soon and are a little worried this might have helped.

I've just realised this post is veeeery serious - don't forget to HAVE FUN AND RELAX! I know I am going to!

Thanks for reading!

Share:

1 comment

  1. I'd love to visit New York. Have a fab time! :)

    http://beewritesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig