Friday 7 August 2015

Baked Basa

Hello everyone and HAPPY FRIDAY! Hope you are all well - I have been so busy focusing on my Etsy shop etc that I feel I haven't done a foodie post in ages. Don't worry though as today's post is a recipe for baked Basa with a tomato sauce. I didn't actually plan to make this with Basa but it came as a substitute for Cod with the online shopping and I was so pleased with the taste that I ordered it in my next shop. It is a lot more affordable than Cod too at £2.50 for 2 good sized fillets.



To make, you will need: 
  • 2 Basa fillets (deboned)
  • Half a brocolli
  • 1 can of chopped tomatoes
  • 1 tsp of olive oil
  • 2 large carrots (finely chopped)
  • Seasoning (I use oregano, salt and pepper and a splash of balsamic vinegar)

  1. Place the Basa fillets on a sheet of baking foil and season with salt and pepper. Partially wrap the foil around the fish and place on a baking tray.
  2. Pop the fish in the oven at 180c. It will take around 20 minutes to cook.
  3. In a pan, on a medium heat, gently fry the carrots in the olive oil for a couple of minutes.
  4. Add the chopped tomatoes and seasoning and leave to simmer.
  5. 10 minutes before the fish is ready, boil/steam the broccoli or the vegetables you have chosen to use.
  6. Serve up and enjoy!



What do you think? I love hearing your comments!

Thanks for reading!


Share:

2 comments

  1. Yum! I love baking fish in a foil parcel, it keeps it so moist and delicious! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! It really is the best way I find to cook fish, and I was pleasantly surprised with the Basa! New fish to add to the list x

      Delete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig