Friday 3 April 2015

Cookie Dough

Hello everyone! How are you all? I hope you all have lovely things planned for the Easter weekend. My boyfriend Tom is now off for a week or so which will be great. He has been very busy since having his first academic paper published at Christmas so it will be nice to spend some time together just relaxing.

Last night I decided to have a go at making a warm cookie dough dessert. I have only ever had this in restaurants but it is so yummy! And yes..we did have one of these size portions each! Sometimes you just need an enormous portion of dessert, or at least that's what I tell myself. I didn't have any chocolate chips so I simply crushed a flake into the mixture but I will include the choc chips into my recipe.

To make 4 portions (or 2 large ones), you will need:

  • 110g self raising flour
  • 100g brown sugar
  • 65g butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 egg
  • 100g chocolate chips

  1. In a bowl, blend the butter, sugar and vanilla essence together until smooth.
  2. Add the flour and egg and bind the mixture together. 
  3. Gently stir in the chocolate chips. 
  4. Divide the mixture into heat proof ramekins or simply pour the mixture into an oven proof dish.
  5. Bake at 180c for 15-20 minutes. The cookie dough should be starting to go golden brown on top but still be yummy and gooey in the centre!


What do you think? What are your favourite desserts?

I've also created a facebook page for my blog, I'd be so grateful if you could take a look and like it: https://www.facebook.com/foodthoughtslife

Thanks for reading! Lauren x
Share:

2 comments

  1. Ooo that looks delish!! Will definitely give it go! Xxxx

    Anisha ♡ allyouneedisredlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that your boyfriend is off work for a bit so you get to spend more time together! This sounds so good, I love cookie dough so will be giving it a try!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig