Wednesday 1 April 2015

Mini Bolognese Bakes

Hello everyone! How are you all today? I had a little trip into Brighton today and got some bargains, including the cute ceramic dishes in the pictures from a pound shop (for £1, teehee). I usually make today's recipe with lentils, however, I had some beef mince in the fridge that needed using. I wasn't sure exactly what to call these little dishes, but they are basically a bolognese sauce baked with a crunchy topping!


To make two individual portions, you will need:

  • 200g beef mince
  • 150g mushrooms (chopped)
  • 1 large carrot (peeled and finely chopped)
  • 1 can of chopped tomatoes
  • 1 tsp of tomato puree
  • 1 tsp of oregano
  • Salt and pepper (to season)
My topping varies each time I make this depending what I have in, although I tend to use a handful of oats, sesame seeds, breadcrumbs and grated cheese. You can use what you prefer, but I would recommend these as a good starting point!

  1. In a pan, on a medium heat, brown the mince before adding the mushrooms and carrot.
  2. Fry for a further 4-5 minutes before adding the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and seasoning.
  3. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has reached a nice, thick consistency.
  4. Add the mixture to an oven proof dish and top with your crunchy topping.
  5. Bake at 180c for 20 minutes.



What do you think? I love hearing your comments!

Thanks for reading, Lauren x
Share:

2 comments

  1. Looks delicious Lauren and I love your dishes for a £1 !! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo this loooks delish!! Great Post! xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstick

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig