Friday 10 April 2015

Vegetarian Cassoulet

Hi everyone! I hope you have been enjoying the sunshine - it has been so lovely here so it has been great to get out in it. I'm also starting to get very excited as I will hopefully be back to uni in the next week or so after being signed off sick since January. It's been a hard couple of months but I am looking at it as a positive thing, especially for my health and general outlook on things.

A few weeks ago I posted a recipe for a chorizo cassoulet (you can find the link here) but I thought I would have a go at a vegetarian option. This still uses butter beans but instead of the chorizo I added kidney beans and lentils. It makes the perfect hearty and nutritious dish.


To make (3-4 portions) you will need:
  • 1 can of chopped tomatoes
  • 1 can of butter beans (drained and rinsed)
  • 1 can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
  • Half a mug of lentils
  • Half a mug of boiling water
  • 1 tbsp of tomato puree
  • 1 tbsp of oregano
  • Salt and pepper (to season)
  • Fresh basil (optional garnish)
  1. I simply added all the ingredients (aside from the basil if you are using that) into a pan and simmered on a medium heat. It took around 15-20 minutes to reach a nice consistency.
  2. Perfect served with garlic bread, pasta or cous cous.



I love hearing your comments so let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading! Lauren x
Share:

2 comments

  1. Oooo this looks delish! I love kidney beans and lentils so will definitely try this out! Xxx

    Anisha ♥ www.allyouneedisredlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so tasty - might try this with some garlic bread! hope you've been enjoying the sunshine
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig