Tuesday 31 March 2015

Sweet Potato Brownies

Hi everyone! Hope you are all okay today. I've just indulged in a creme egg milkshake from a local cafe after having some blood tests done as I was feeling sorry for myself - this is a good excuse right? Today's post is a recipe for sweet potato brownies. I have seen a lot of articles floating around about these and all the yummy goodness they contain so I decided to have a go at making my own recipe for them (mainly because I couldn't afford to buy a lot of fancy ingredients). They are definitely different to your regular brownie, particularly texture-wise, but they are so sweet and delicious.


To make, you will need:

  • 2 medium sized sweet potatoes (approx 800g - peeled and chopped)
  • 100g ground almonds
  • 3 tbsp of maple syrup
  • 5 tbsp of cocoa powder
  1. In a pan, boil the sweet potato chunks until soft (like you would if you were going to make mash potato).
  2. Drain the potatoes and blend in a bowl until creamy. I used a hand held blender for this part!
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
  4. Place the mixture into a lined baking tray and bake at 180c for around 20 minutes.


What do you think?

Thanks for reading, Lauren x

Share:

2 comments

  1. Right - I've got all the ingredients! I may have to try these later - no added fat and made with sweet potato - that means they must count as one of your 'five a day'? Lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh these look so easy to make, I'm definitely going to gibe them a go!

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig