Friday 29 May 2015

Oatmeal Cookies

Hello everyone! Hope you are all okay? While I was back home for a couple of days, I decided to do some baking - the perfect way to relax. My mum loves baking and cooking too so it is the perfect place to rummage through some new ingredients and recipes! One recipe I decided to make was for oatmeal cookies - I can't take ownership for this one as it is one that has been passed down but I thought they looked yummy.

To make approx 12 cookies, you will need:

  • 5 oz self raising flour
  • 5 oz plain oats
  • 6 oz caster sugar
  • 4 oz butter/margarine
  • 1 tbsp golden syrup

  1. In a large bowl, mix the flour and butter together using your hands.
  2. Add the sugar and oats and stir well.
  3. Finally, add the golden syrup. The mixture should be quite thick and dry, but stick together.
  4. Roll the mixture into balls and place on a baking tray.
  5. Bake at 180c for 10-15 minutes.



What do you think?

Thanks for reading!



Share:

7 comments

  1. Mmm these look delicious! I've been looking for some recipes to try! Loved the post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's kind! I would definately recommend, they are super easy to make x

      Delete
  2. And I can confirm that they tasted YUM! Thanks for making them for us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh thank you for sharing this! I've really wanted to get into baking lately and these sound so yum! x
    Aisling | Aislings beauty bytes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love baking - such good stress relief and an excuse to make lots of yummy goodies! x

      Delete
  4. Glad you spent some time back at home :) these cookies look gorgeous lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, I hope you are well. They were delicious, I would definately recommend x

      Delete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig