Friday 8 May 2015

Strawberry and Chocolate Brownies

Hello everyone! How are you all doing? I hope you are having a good week. Today's recipe is for strawberry and chocolate brownies. I absolutely love strawberries so I thought I would have a go at creating a recipe using them in my next favourite sweet, brownies! These work really well and I love the little chunks of strawberry you get with each mouthful.


I made a small batch of these (need to get my summer body, oh how we laughed) so feel free to double up this recipe...

To make, you will need: 
  • 150g strawberries
  • 60g butter
  • 90g plain flour
  • 3 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 130g caster sugar
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • A splash of milk
  1. Finely chop your strawberries leaving around 4 to the side for later. 
  2. Place the chopped strawberries in a pan with a spoonful of your caster sugar and leave to simmer on a medium heat until it starts to look like jam. Allow to cool.
  3. In a bowl, blend the rest of the ingredients together.
  4. Gently fold in the strawberry mixture.
  5. Place the mixture into a lined baking tray. Chop the remaining strawberries and place on top of the mixture.
  6. Pop in the oven at 180c for around 20-25 minutes.

These would be perfect served up with some cream or ice cream! Yummy!


Thanks for reading!



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig