Friday 12 June 2015

Lemon Drizzle Cupcakes

Hello everyone! I hope you are all okay - what have you all been up to? I am very busy with teaching but am enjoying it. Today's recipe is for Lemon Drizzle cupcakes. The recipe is taken from Mary Berry but then I decided to split the mixture into cupcakes rather than do a traybake.


To make you will need:
  • 225g (8 oz) butter 
  • 225g (8 oz) caster sugar
  • 275g (10 oz) self-raising flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 tablespoons milk
  • Finely grated rind of 2 lemons

For the topping
  • 175g (6 oz) granulated sugar
  • Juice of 2 lemons


  1. Simply blend the main ingredients in a bowl and place a spoonful in cupcake cases - I made 22 cupcakes.
  2. Bake at 180c for around 10-15 minutes until starting to go golden brown.
  3. Allow to cool for a few minutes. 
  4. Mix the granulated sugar and lemon juice together until it makes a paste. Drizzle over the top of your cupcakes.


Thanks for reading!

Share:

1 comment

  1. oooo these look absolutely delish!! xxx

    Also some good news! I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!! For the all the rules check out my last post on my Blog!! Eek Congrats!! xxx

    Anisha ♥ All You Need Is Red Lipstick

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig