Wednesday 3 June 2015

Stoats

Hello everyone! How are you all today? I hope you are well. I was recently contacted by the lovely people over at Stoats to see if I would be interested in trying some of their porridge oat products*. As a big breakfast fan (as you might have already gathered) - I was very keen to get involved and give them a try.

Here are the products and what I thought about them:

Oatcakes: Rustic and Chipotle Chilli

These oatcakes are the perfect snack to have with some cheese or pate. Although I wouldn't necessary have these on their own as they would be rather dry, they make the perfect alternative to breadsticks or crackers. The chilli flavoured oatcakes also have that extra bit of zing to them!

 Porridge: Scottish and Apple and Cinnamon

 Porridge to go pots: Cranberry and Blueberry, Classic and Apple and Cinnamon

Porridge: Apricot and Sultana, Sunflower and Poppy Seed

I am generally a big fan of porridge and love a bowl full, especially when you are feeling a bit under the weather or tired. So when all these lovely boxes and pots arrived for me to try I was very excited. The larger boxes will last me for a little while longer I'm sure as a small bowl of porridge can go a long way in terms of filling me up.

I also enjoyed the small on the go pots as they are really handy to take to work.

Overall, my favourite flavours were Cranberry and Blueberry for the rich, fruity flavours and the Sunflower and Poppy Seed for the texture.


Cereal oat bars: Apple and Cinnamon, Blueberry and Honey, Raspberry and Honey

I love cereal bars so I was looking forward to trying these out. From the look of the bars, I was a little worried that they might be a bit dry and stodgy because sometimes oat bars can be. However, I really enjoyed these and found them to be a light but filling snack.


Thanks for reading!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig