Tuesday 9 June 2015

Spelt Biscuits - Sharpham Park

Hi everyone! I hope you are all okay. I was recently sent a couple of products to try out from Sharpham Park* - the Organic Spelt Grain and a range of Organic Spelt and Rye Flour. Spelt is an increasingly popular alternative to wheat and is widely agreed to be suitable for those with wheat intolerances (although this isn't to be confused with gluten intolerances). I was really excited to try these organic products out in my baking as I had never worked with spelt before!

I decided to have a go at making some spelt savoury biscuits - the perfect accompaniment to some cheese and chutneys!

To make, you will need:

  • 80g Spelt flour
  • 40g butter/margarine
  • 20g Spelt grain
  • 15g sunflower seeds


  1. Simply blend the flour, butter, grain and seeds together in a large mixing bowl.
  2. Gradually add the water to bind the mixture.
  3. Flatten mounds of the mixture onto a lined baking tray.
  4. Bake at 180c for 10-15 minutes.




Overall, I really enjoyed the spelt flour and grain and look forward to using the rest of it! It had a lovely, nutty flavour.

Thanks for reading!

Share:

1 comment

  1. I've never tried spelt flour - but these look good! And like you say, I bet they're lovely with some cheese & red onion! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig