Tuesday 30 June 2015

Coconut Cakes

Hi everyone! I hope you are all okay. What have you been up to? I am reaching the end of my teaching placement now - it has been great to get back to things after a few months ill and I am looking forward to my final placement in September.

Today's recipe is for some healthy coconut cakes - this recipe is one that I adapted from a couple I found on various baking sites, primarily to fit in with what I had available at the time!

To make 9 cakes, you will need:

  • 140g unsweetened dessicated coconut
  • 20g spelt flour
  • 30g ground almonds
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 2 egg whites
  • 4 tbsp agave nectar

  1. To make, simply blend all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
  2. Add a tablespoon or two of the mixture into cupcake cases.
  3. Bake at 180c for around 15-20 minutes, until starting to go golden around the edges.


I'd love to know what you think?

Thanks for reading!


Share:

2 comments

  1. These sound and look so delicious! :) You really don't need to use a lot of ingredients which is impressive.
    www.GlossyFinds.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig