Tuesday 23 June 2015

Shopping List

Hello everyone! Today I thought I would do a post on my shopping list staples. Although this might seem fairly straightforward, I thought I would tell you some of the basics I always like to have in my cupboard. I find these lists helpful to read, so hopefully you will too!


Carrots – I always like to keep carrots in, mainly because they act as such a good, healthy ingredient to bulk up dishes. I use them all the time in pasta sauces, bakes, etc. I find that they can help a dish that would normally only last the one night go a much longer way!

Chopped tomatoes – I always have at least 3 or 4 cans of these in! I buy Sainsbury’s basics for 35p a carton; there really is very little difference between them and the expensive tins so don’t fork out for the pricey ones.

Lentils - As you might have gathered from a lot of my recipes, I love lentils and they are so handy to have in! I tend to keep a bag of red lentils and a bag of green puy lentils in my cupboard - they are worth buying as they really do go a long way. 

Tinned fruit/Frozen fruit – I always try to eat fresh fruit but I always find it handy to have some tinned fruit in my cupboard or frozen fruit in my freezer. You can use them for desserts or just as a snack and you don't have the problem of them going off quickly!

Wholegrain pasta – I know the majority of people will always have a pack of pasta in their cupboard anyway but we recently made the switch to wholegrain pasta and I love it! I actually prefer the taste and texture and it has the added health benefits in comparison to regular pasta.

Balsamic vinegar – Although some bottles of this can be quite pricey, I would definitely recommend investing in a good quality bottle of this. It works great as a dressing and I love adding it to all my tomato-based dishes as it adds an extra depth of flavour.


What do you always like to have in?

Let me know if you like this post and I could do another one!

Thanks for reading! 

Share:

1 comment

  1. I'm a big fan of tinned tomatoes too... there are some weeks when my menu planning has gone a little awol and I find I'm using them for 3 meals in a row or something!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig