Friday 13 March 2015

Breakfast muffins

The weekend is finally here! Yay! What have you all got planned? I think we are going to go out for the day tomorrow, haven't quite decided where yet but hopefully the weather stays dry.

Today I decided to have a go at making some breakfast-style muffins using bananas and sultanas. I didn't follow a set recipe, risky I know, but I am pleased with the final result! They are another handy way I have found to use up ripe or over-ripe bananas.

To make 12 muffins, you will need:

  • 200g plain flour
  • 100g caster sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 4 tbsp of milk
  • 2 large bananas (chopped)
  • A good handful of sultanas

  1. In a bowl, blend the bananas, milk, sugar and egg.
  2. Gradually add the flour, mixing well. 
  3. Stir in the sultanas.
  4. Place a spoonful of mixture into muffin cases.
  5. Bake at 180c for 20-25 minutes.


These would make the perfect breakfast or mid-morning snack!


Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading, Lauren x
Share:

2 comments

  1. great idea for banana muffins, did they taste as good as they look? Bet they smell lovely too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm banana bread is my fave so these are going on my baking list for tomorrow! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig