Sunday 1 March 2015

Trying my own recipes..

I often don't know what to do with vegetables that end up sitting in the fridge until they need throwing out. I hate wasting food so I tend to use any left-over vegetables to make a stew of some sort. However, this weekend I decided to have a go at something different. I made up my own recipe (slightly risky) to make bubble and squeak style potato cakes...and they actually turned out pretty yummy!


For this recipe (to make 10 potato cakes), I used:

  • 2 baking potatoes
  • 1 large carrot
  • 1 handful of grated cheese
  • 5 spring onions (chopped)
  • 3 slices of ham (chopped)
  • 1 egg
  • Salt and pepper 
To make, I grated the potatoes and the carrot into a mixing bowl (this takes a little effort, or maybe I am just lazy!). Next I added the rest of the ingredients and mixed well. The egg helped the mixture to bind together. Lastly, I shaped the mixture into balls before flattening each one on to a baking tray.

Bake at 180c for 25-30 minutes

Although I served them on their own, these would go great with a side salad!


I also thought I would add a picture of some delicious cakes I had with some friends on Friday at a cafe in Brighton on the North Laine. I had my Salted Caramel Brownie with a large Oreo milkshake - chocolate overload but it was definitely worth it!


Thanks for reading! Lauren x
Share:

3 comments

  1. The potato cakes look yummy - can you make some for me! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really do look yummy Lauren! popped over from your Mam's blog I look forward to reading more huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig