Tuesday 10 March 2015

Quick and simple biscuits!

Yesterday I had a long day travelling and am now back down South! It was sad to leave my family but so nice to be reunited with Tom again. The sun also seems to have appeared which is always lovely! Today I decided to whip up a quick batch of biscuits - perfect as a snack during the day. They are so easy to make too.

To make, you will need:

  • 3oz caster sugar
  • 4oz butter/margarine
  • 5oz flour
  • 3 tbsp of cocoa powder (if you want vanilla biscuits, simply leave this out!)
  • 1/2tsp of vanilla essence
  • a splash of water
  1. Blend the sugar, vanilla essence and butter together until creamy.
  2. Gradually add the flour, cocoa powder (if making chocolate biscuits) and water.
  3. Spoon the mixture onto a lined baking tray.
  4. Bake at 180c for 10-15minutes.
The number of biscuits I can make using this mixture varies depending on the size I go for. Generally, I tend to make around 10 medium sized biscuits.


I decided to top mine with a generous drizzle of white chocolate!



Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading, Lauren x
Share:

4 comments

  1. Oooooooo those look so yummy Lauren:) huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the drizzle of white choc! They look great! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look very yummy! X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig