Monday 2 March 2015

Lentils, Cross-stitch and Crochet!

Until about six months ago, I had never really cooked with lentils. Now, I use them all the time and find them to be a great addition to dishes, especially pasta sauces, chilli and stews.

One of my favourite dishes to make using lentils is this tomato lentil stew:

(not sure if this picture does it justice, sorry!)

To make this I use:
  • Half a mug of lentils
  • 1 can of chopped tomatoes
  • 1 onion (chopped)
  • 2 carrots (chopped)
  • 1 tsp of tomato puree
  • 1 tsp of oregano
  • Salt and pepper (to taste)

To cook, I simply fry off the onion and carrots for 5 minutes. Next, I add the rest of the ingredients along with half a mug of boiling water. Simmer on a medium heat for around 20-25 minutes (or until the stew has reached a good consistency).

I often serve with garlic bread (shop bought usually!).


Here are a couple of pictures of a few crafty things I have been trying. These are my first attempts at cross-stitch and crochet:



Thanks for reading! Lauren x
Share:

2 comments

  1. Hi! Lauren..I have never tried lentils but this looks really appetizing with that yummy spud. The potato cakes [down below] look yummy too..may have to try that one out. Well done on your crocheting and cross stitch..as I was born with too many thumbs [lol..] I don't even attempt this sort of craft but appreciate what others can do..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see your cross stitch and crocheting - and so pleased you're learning! (as we all are lol!). Keep going - you'll find these sorts of hobbies so relaxing and so rewarding! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig