Thursday 5 March 2015

Chocolate brownies to share

I'm currently enjoying a week back at home in Lancaster visiting my family. Today I decided to make some chocolate brownies, a favourite with everyone. There are so many recipes to choose from for chocolate brownies that it can be difficult to know which one to follow but this one has been my preference since my Mum made them for me on my first day of university! Some might think the process of making these is a bit lengthy but they are definately worth it!

This recipe is taken, but slightly adapted, from a Tana Ramsay recipe. To make, you will need:

For the milk chocolate mixture:

  • 110g bar of Dairy Milk (or similar)
  • 3 tbsp of cocoa powder
  • 200g butter
  • 250g caster sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 125g plain flour

For the white chocolate mixture:

  • 1 egg
  • 200g cream cheese
  • 50g caster sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 100g white chocolate (broken into pieces)



  1. Melt the milk chocolate and the butter together and stir well. Allow to cool slightly.
  2. In a separate bowl, beat together 1 egg, the cream cheese, 50g caster sugar and the vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in the white chocolate.
  3. In another bowl, whisk the 3 eggs and caster sugar and gradually add the milk chocolate/butter mixture. Carefully fold in the flour.
  4. In a lined baking tin, pour in layers of both the milk chocolate and white chocolate mixtures.
  5. Bake at 180c for 35 minutes. 





Here are the final product! They are delicious!



Thanks for reading! Lauren x
Share:

3 comments

  1. Yummy! And I can vouch for the tasty finished product lol! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I'd be able to share these!!! Look to yummy to share x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound amazing! Think I'll try them next weekend :)

    Bexx xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig