Sunday 22 March 2015

Vegetable and Lentil Korma

Hello! What are you all up to this Sunday? We are having a chilled day at home and I will be doing a bit of baking too. Last night I decided to make a Korma. Although I am not strictly a vegetarian, I much prefer cooking with vegetables than meat. For this dish I decided to try a Spice Tailor sauce mix. The pack comes with three different sachets: one for the spices, one for the base sauce and one for the main sauce. I found it really easy to use and the end result was delicious! To the curry I added lentils, mushrooms and broccoli and served the dish with a side of naan bread.

To make, you will need:

  • 1 Korma sauce mix  (This doesn't necessarily need to be the brand I used, there are so many to choose from!)
  • Half a broccoli (cut into small chunks)
  • 5 large mushrooms (finely sliced)
  • Half a mug of lentils
  • A mug of boiling water



  1. Depending on the sauce mix you are using, check the instructions given. Packets that include the separate spices will require you to fry off the spices in the pan for a minute or two first.
  2. Add the brocolli, mushrooms, hot water and lentils and gently simmer for 4-5 minutes.
  3. Add the remaining sauce mixture (or sauce if using a simple jar sauce).
  4. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the curry reaches a nice thick consistency.

Sorry about the poor lighting, our kitchen lights are currently not working, very frustrating!

Thanks for reading! Lauren x
Share:

4 comments

  1. Mmmm this looks so yummy Lauren I'm loving your recipes LOL huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this tasted as good as it looks! I did some baking too today - just going to have some now!
    hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will definitely be trying this recipe!!

    Il let you know my outcome!! 😊

    www.amandabootes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo yes, do let me know! I'd love to know what you think :)

      Delete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig