Tuesday 24 March 2015

Butter Bean and Chorizo Cassoulet

Hello everyone! I hope you are all having a lovely day. The weather seems to have gone a little crazy today: one minute the sun is out, the next it is raining/hailing. I have been busy carrying on with my blanket and I am gradually getting faster at crocheting - I will post an update picture soon!

Today I decided to make a dish I have done a couple of times - a butter bean and chorizo cassoulet. This is a lovely, hearty dish that is really versatile. You could easily leave the meat out for a yummy vegetarian option and you could use a whole variety of beans!


To make, you will need:

  • 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
  • 1 tin of butter beans (drained and rinsed)
  • 1 pack of chopped chorizo (you could either use a chorizo sausage or pre-cut slices)
  • Salt, pepper and oregano (to season)
  • Fresh basil - optional!

  1. Gently fry the beans and chorizo in a pan on a medium heat.
  2. Add the tomatoes and seasonings. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
  3. Serve with a sprig of fresh basil.
I like to serve this with a portion of cous cous or some fresh crusty bread!



What do you think? I'd love to hear your comments!

Thanks for reading! Lauren x
Share:

2 comments

  1. This looks really tasty! love the rich colour of it - I bet it tasted great for tea!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another delicious looking recipe Lauren..my youngest brother and his family live in East Sussex in Hailsham :) lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments!

© Food, Thoughts, Life | Lauren Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig